With warmer weather approaching, it is time to think about AC and HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air condition) repairs. Throughout the winter, your heating and air conditioning unit will have been running on overdrive. As the HVAC system runs, it can accumulate dust and dirt in key areas, such as the air filters or condensing coils. Without HVAC repairs, your system can lose up to five percent of its operating efficiently each year. To improve HVAC efficiencies and to conduct necessary AC repair work, you should consider hiring a certified technician to conduct a maintenance inspection.
What Is an HVAC Maintenance Inspection?
These professional inspections can help your unit improve its energy efficiency, which will help you to save money on utility bills and reduce the likelihood that you will need to conduct numerous AC repairs. In fact, yearly maintenance checks have been shown to reduce monthly energy bills by as much as 15 percent.
A maintenance inspection should include checking the following areas:
- Operating pressures and temperatures
- Drain line
- Return and supply lines
- Refrigerant levels
Hiring a professional to maintain your HVAC system will help you to address AC repairs before they become too costly. In addition to the above checks, the technician will also inspect the combustion process to ensure that the entire system is working safely and efficiently.
AC Repair and HVAC Repair Checklist
During your yearly inspection or spring tune-up, your professional technician can also conduct these five simple steps to ensure that your system continues to work safely and efficiently.
- The technician should inspect all ducts, filters, coils, and the blower for any obstructions.
- Any leaks or pooling water around the system should be immediately identified and addressed.
- The furnace and air conditioning system should be thoroughly checked for cracks or broken sealant.
- The entire system should be checked for any fallen debris, grass, dirt, dust, or other outdoor items. These items can clog your HVAC system and keep it from working properly.
- Every month, the HVAC system should be thoroughly cleaned. A clogged filter can reduce efficiencies and keep your HVAC system from working properly.
As the warmer spring weather beckons and you begin to consider turning on your air conditioning units, be sure to call your local heating and AC repair specialists. For more AC repair and HVAC repair tips, we invite you to contact a member of our team.
At Classic Air Inc., we specialize in the installation and maintenance of residential and light commercial HVAC equipment. We have proudly been conducting services and repairs on all brands, makes, and models in Central Ohio since 1978. We look forward to conducting spring tune-up for your HVAC or AC unit, so you can enjoy the benefits of an efficient system. Call or email us today to schedule an appointment at your Central Ohio home or to learn more about the benefits of our HVAC and AC repair services.